In this section:
The Company offers a number of other benefits to help you balance your work and life obligations, and to get help when you need it.
Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
The EAP offers professional and confidential counseling services to help you and your family address personal concerns, relationships and life issues.
The EAP is staffed with experienced clinicians who are available by calling a toll-free phone line 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The EAP professionals not only provide confidential counseling on personal issues, but also offer a variety of guidance on everyday issues:
Legal information and resources
Information, referrals and resources for work/life needs
Check out these helpful tools from ComPsych.
How to get help from your EAP
|If you're a:||Contact your EAP:|
|Store support center or distribution center associate||ComPsych GuidanceResources
Call toll free: 1-800-337-9852
Company ID: SPORTS
For more information, click here
|Store associate enrolled in long-term disability||Bensinger, DuPont & Associates
Call toll free: 1-877-695-2789
For more information, click here
529 Plan (college savings)
The BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 Plan is a tax-advantaged savings plan that allows you to save for higher education expenses for you or a beneficiary. All regular associates are eligible upon date of hire to participate in the BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 Plan.
Advantages of the 529 Plan
- Tax advantages! Earnings are not subject to federal taxes when a distribution is taken to pay for higher education expenses.
- No annual fees or up-front sales charges when you enroll.
- Variety of investment options (three age-based investment options, three target-risk investment options, 15 single-strategy investment options).
Request an enrollment kit by calling the BlackRock Customer Service Line at 1-866-529-8582. Refer to the DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. 529 Plan or Plan #P000018404 when requesting enrollment materials.
Two ways to enroll:
- Paper enrollment form (included in the kit) that you must return to BlackRock.
You will also need to complete a Direct Deposit Form online through my HR.
Direct Deposit Information: Transit Routing Number: 011001234
Account Number: 0000735345
If you are a salaried associate, you will be reimbursed up to $5,000 annually for classes that are part of a job-related degree program at an accredited college or university.
The reimbursement amount is based on the final grade received:
|Final Grade||Percentage of Reimbursement|
|Undergraduate degree||Graduate degree|
|A, B or C||100% reimbursement (up to $2,500 per calendar year)||100% reimbursement (up to $5,000 per calendar year)|
|D or below||No reimbursement|
If you voluntarily terminate your employment within 12 months of receiving a reimbursement from the plan, you will be required to repay 100% of the reimbursement. If you leave the Company within 13 to 24 months following reimbursement, you will be required to repay 50% of the reimbursement. For more information about the program, click here.
E*TRADE Financial is our equity administrator. For details regarding your existing equity grants, including restricted stock and/or stock options, please visit etrade.com or contact E*TRADE's Stock Plan Customer Service at 1-800-838-0908.
Time off benefits include:
- Personal days
See your Associate Handbook for details
Associate discount program
Working at a great company has its privileges! Here are the highlights of the associate discount program. All associates are eligible to take advantage of the associate discount program upon date of hire.
- The discount program is for associates and their eligible dependents only! Eligible dependents include your spouse and children under the age of 21 who depend on you as their primary source of income. Friends and other family members are not eligible.
- Discount available at DICK'S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream stores.
- Discounts are taken off the original retail price. The program offers three discount levels (0%, 10% and 25%):
|25% discount||All footwear and apparel, including golf, tennis, hunting and workwear|
|25% discount||All Hardlines merchandise, except as noted below:|
|10% discount||Golf: Loose woods, pro irons, golf balls
Exercise: Treadmills, gym units, weight benches, rowers/exercise bikes
Games: Table games, ping pong, dartboards
Team Sports: Basketball units
Lodge: Radios, boats, electronics, ICE augers, trolling downriggers
Other: Premium eyewear, trading cards, nutrition
|NO DISCOUNT||Sony electronics, firearms, ammunition, fuel, tennis balls, gift cards|
- The discount is intended for personal use of each eligible person for themselves, or for a bona fide
gift (from themselves to another individual, and for which they are not being reimbursed).
- Sharing the benefit with ineligible individuals is a violation of company policy and will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- A current associate discount card and a photo ID must be presented at the time of purchase.
- Eligible dependents must be accompanied by either the associate or the spouse to obtain their discount.
- All associate purchases, returns or exchanges must be handled by a member of management.
ScoreCard (DSG)/Advantage Club (GG)/Sportsman's Advantage Club (F&S) programs
The ScoreCard/Advantage Club/Sportsman's Advantage Club is a free program that rewards customers for shopping in our stores. Each time a customer makes a purchase, the cashier will scan the customer's ScoreCard/Advantage Club/Sportsman's Advantage Club. For every dollar a customer spends, he/she earns points toward accumulating reward certificates.
As an associate, you are also eligible to obtain ScoreCard/Advantage Club/Sportsman's Advantage Club points for your own purchases. However, you may not obtain ScoreCard/Advantage Club/Sportsman's Advantage Club points through any means other than your own purchases. If you knowingly accept ScoreCard/Advantage Club/Sportsman's Advantage Club points from friends, customers or through any means other than your own purchases, you will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
ScoreCard/Advantage Club/Sportsman's Advantage Club applications are available at our store locations.