Any time you add dependents to your medical, prescription drug, dental or vision benefits, you'll need to verify their eligibility for coverage. Click the link for dependent verification in the enrollment system. Print and complete the dependent verification forms and return the forms and required documentation to HR Solutions.
You can cover your same- or opposite-sex domestic partner under many of your benefits.
Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits
Eligible dependents include:
- Your legal spouse for federal income tax purposes
- Your same- or opposite-sex domestic partner. Check out the requirements for covering a domestic partner.
- Children to age 26, including stepchildren, children of your domestic partner (if you are covering your domestic partner), adopted children and children legally with you awaiting adoption
- Children over age 26 who are not able to support themselves due to a physical or mental disability
Flexible Spending Accounts
Unlike other benefits, you don't actually cover dependents under the FSAs, but you can use the accounts to pay for eligible expenses for eligible dependents. You cannot use the FSAs to reimburse expenses for your domestic partner or their children.
Eligible dependents for the Health Care FSA include your:
- Legal spouse for federal income tax purposes
- Children you can and do claim on your federal income tax return
- Parents and spouse's parents, if you can and do claim as dependents on your federal income tax return
Eligible dependents for the Dependent Care FSA include your:
- Dependent children under age 13 when the care is provided and whom you can claim on your federal income tax return
- Spouse who is physically or mentally not able to care for him/herself
- Dependent who is physically or mentally not able to care for him/herself and whom you can claim as an exemption on your federal income tax return
Dependent Life Insurance
Eligible dependents for this coverage include:
- Your legal spouse as long as he/she is not an associate
- Your same- or opposite-sex domestic partner as long as he/she is not an associate
- Your children to age 23
- The children of your domestic partner (as long as he/she is not an associate) to age 23
If both you and your domestic partner are eligible associates, your children can be enrolled as dependents under only your plan and your domestic partner's children can be enrolled only under his/her Dependent Life Insurance plan. And neither of you can be covered under each other's Dependent Life plan since you are both already covered by the Basic Life plan.